DOL Guidance as Workplaces Reopen During COVID-19
On July 20, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor released additional guidance on how the protections of the following laws impact workplaces reopening during COVID-19:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
These materials include the following:
- Fact Sheet for Employees;
- Fact Sheet for Employers;
- Questions and Answers about paid sick and expanded family and medical leave under the FFCRA;
- Guidance posters for federal workers and all other employees, which fulfill notice requirements for employers that need to inform employees of their FFCRA rights;
- Questions and Answers about posting requirements; and
- Quick Benefits Tips to determine how much paid leave the FFCRA allows workers to take.
The Wage and Hour Division also provides additional information on issues employers and employees face when responding to the coronavirus and its effects on wages and hours worked under the FLSA and job-protected leave under the FMLA.
-Article provided by ThinkHR